About the Job
A brief description summarizing the overall purpose and objectives of the position and the results the worker is expected to accomplish.
Our company is seeking a Remote Landman to report to, and work directly with, the project management team. They need to function well in a team-oriented environment while utilizing their natural ability to perform with little deviation to their internal set schedule. The overall purpose of the role will be to provide the client with research they need to proceed with drilling operations and lease payouts.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the position that are most important to get the job done.
- Research county records to determine surface and mineral ownership by utilizing online databases or travel to the local county courthouse to review county records
- Analyze and document research results to select the relevant information to input into reports for submission to the client
- Meets with landowners either at his/her property or another agreed upon location
- Establishes trust and rapport with land owners to facilitate negotiations and a positive working relationship
- Negotiate lease and/or ROW agreements with landowners on behalf of clients
- Explains project to landowners including expectations, procedures, timing and financial arrangements
- Provides reports to Project Managers on the status of their negotiations and the details of executed lease agreements
- Significant travel may be required of some assignments.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in title/mineral research.
- Intermediate familiarity with standard computer application including G Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office.
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in order to meet project deadlines
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge of real property and contract law
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management and clients (in writing and verbally) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT REQUIRED)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT REQUIRED)
- AAPL membership
- GIS knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctorate
Commensurate with experience CAREER PATH Opportunity for promotion based on performance and the team's needs
- Commensurate with experience
- CAREER PATH
- Opportunity for promotion based on performance and the team’s needs